PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (2-YEARS PROGRAM)
To ensure that clinical and pharmacy / medical store management competencies are met, the student is expected to satisfy the following criteria as terminal objectives before completion of the program.
The PHARMACY TECHNICIAN shall be able to:
- Use oral and written medical and pharmaceutical communication.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and pharmacology.
- Perform basic mathematical functions and dosage calculations, utilizing metric, apothecary, household and avoirdupois systems.
- Understand the setting, duties and responsibilities of a pharmacy technician.
- Exhibit knowledge of pharmaceutical standards, ethics, laws and regulations.
- Prepare and label sterile solutions using aseptic technique.
- Maintain inventory and stock orders.
- Enter data into computer and generate labels and fill prescriptions and medication orders.
- Manage own business /own MEDICAL STORE and possess “CATEGORY B” License.
from PUNJAB PHARMACY COUNCIL (PPC), PAKISTAN